Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting Serious with the Vehram Energy System

Yesterday I had quite a good day with enough rest and by 9pm the rest of my family were retiring. I decided to do the same, and as I was getting ready I started programming my subconscious to wake me up at 3:30am.

Later I woke in bed and was not sure why... To my knowledge there was no 'reason' behind my awakening and I didn't yet need to use the toilet. I decided to get up and use the bathroom anyway.. When I checked the time it was 3:35am.. I would have been right on time :)

I thought I would use this opportunity to attempt a projection but was not successful. I did have a very vivid dream in the early hours of this morning, although non-lucid.

Here I believe is why the Projection attempt was unsuccessful:

1. I believe my focus was too 'hard/awake' to enter a body asleep state. Each time I softened my focus by allowing myself to go closer to sleep, the prospect of falling asleep would seem to be almost threaten my goal. Part of me was believing I didn't want to fall asleep as each time I got close to sleep I would again focus on being aware of breath, sensations whatever. From my understanding in order to project we need to cross the threshold (maintain awareness) between awake -> asleep/dream. It may be useful to wake yourself ever so slightly each time sleep approaches and then allow yourself to fall deeper next time before waking up slightly again but in order to project it is essential that at some point that we cross the threshold.
2. I have programmed myself for many years since childhood to loose focus and 'switch off' when approaching sleep so I can go to sleep. Altering this habit is essential.
3. The Power of Sleep was too tantalizing. It was almost delicious as it approached (being a slightly underslept father doesn't help).
4. Eventually I gave up.. I wanted sleep more than I did a projection experience, I rolled over on my other side with the intention of sleeping.

Although a plesant vivid dream is always welcome, I am looking now to achieve conscious projection. To improve the likelihood of projection I believe I need to:

1. Learn to use a softer type of focus while crossing the threshold (awake->sleep). Incorporation of an affirmation may help...
2. Practice...
3. Remember that if I wake in the middle of the night to firstly ask myself why I am awake as I may have set my internal alarm to wake me for conscious projection. In order to further explore the effectiveness of the Vehram Energy System thinking about it in the day, at night, before bed, and first thing upon awakening should help.

Hope this helps,
Newmethod

0 comments:

Post a Comment