Monday, April 20, 2009

The Power of Intention in Dissolving Obstacles

The time that I have been able to give my practice lately has been fairly slim for a number of reasons. Through reduced time I have lost some direction with my practice. Things around me have been quite busy and I haven't made the time for myself to make space with myself. This in turn has created greater pressures in my life which have made their way into intruding on my practice.

I have had some minor successes recently in learning astral projection techniques but have been getting caught up in the fact that I still don't feel that I have had a truly successful projection after about 4 months of practice. Granted this practice has been a little intermittent over these times and is not long in the scheme of things, but my frustration has been building and with each "unsuccessful" attempt, I was feeling more and more distraught, and more and more frustrated.

On a positive note I have read more on Robert Monroe's idea on focus levels which gel very well with me. Along with these ideas I have been using techniques from the Vehram System.

Now to my insight: I have had a realisation about what is a major factor contributing to my frustration and possibly hindering my exploration of consciousness through this realm.

One word: INTENT

I had forgotten about my intention of why I first started to learn astral projection.

Originally it was about exploring the afterlife and wondering about where consciousness truly exists and whether I can exist outside my physical body as a fully functioning autonomous consciousness.

Although not a bad goal in itself, somewhere along the line AP became more about "getting out" and the fact that I could "do it" and less about my original intention. After realising this I hope I can now balance goal (achieving conscious exit) with intention (outlined above).

I wrote this blog today incase it may help just one novice projectionist who like me, was becoming frustrated with their practice.

Peace,
-Newmethod-

1 comments:

David Mathis said...

I am glad to see that you are writing again. :) Feel free to IM me whenever you run into walls. I have been running into quite a few myself.

I have been very busy at work and my 3 year old daughter wakes me up every night several times. It's hard to get into that trance when a toddler is kicking you all night. Somehow I still seem to pull off an OBE once a week.

I think it's something that should not be rushed. Take your time and enjoy the learning process and don't get frustrated if you don't see immediate results. Make this a life long goal and things will look much different.

Once again, glad to see you back online.

--

Totally off the subject, that snail picture you have reminds me of this snail the lives out on my back patio. My daughter and I go out and visit it every morning.

Post a Comment