Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Goals and Astral Projection

It has been a while since i posted. The main reason for this is that i have recently began my final year of a four year University Degree. This, combined with my responsibilities as a parent, responsibilities to work etc have slightly disrupted my recent AP attempts.

What I began to do however was prioritise my meditation, energy work & projection attempts ABOVE other things that have less importance & value in my life, such as television, unnecessary time on the Internet etc. Many of us enjoy activities such as these but how many of us are wasting TOO MUCH valuable Earth time on activities such as these? I have been guilty of this many times...

Study has become my main priority lately, balanced up with my family responsibilities & some time for myself.

The importance of understanding & inducing AP has decreased little through the last weeks though and to compensate for my new study load i find myself arranging the entire evening around so my family & I can make it to bed early and get a good nights sleep. This is seemingly working well for all concerned.

For me this typically means the first 30min-1hr of getting to bed, is spent on energy work, attaining focus levels & projection attempts. Though actual projection attempts have become rare over the past few weeks as my energy has been a little lower lately and I have deliberately decided to conserve my energy by engaging very little in actual projection attempts.

Instead i am focusing on long term goals and feel it is more important at this time to build a good foundation (via energy work etc) from which to work on AP in the future.

What i ask you is:
1. How much time are we spending doing things that have little or no value to us or to others?
2. How often are we achieving the goals we set ourselves? The daily goals? The long term goals?
3. What do we need to do to achieve these goals?
4. Are our goals important?

To find out how important our goals are on a daily basis i have began an easy but quite effective strategy. Not being a note taker myself, it is sometimes slightly difficult to motivate myself to do this, but its effectiveness in my life recently has been of great value.

It's as simple as this:
Write down in order the things you need/desire to achieve in your life in the near future (i've been looking 2-3 weeks ahead - go further ahead if needed). Add in things like time with family, friends etc - prioritise these also. Continue to write down everything that requires any amount of your time so your mind is clear & focused. You may need to write all the things down once, then number them and write them down again in order, so the most important goal is at the top. (It is more concrete if you do have them in order of importance rather than numbered but not in order).

This simple strategy has helped me focus on the task at hand, kept my mind quieter & helped me understand more wisely, what & how to spend my energy on.

If you are not a 'natural' but desire to 'learn' AP and are spending very little time on practicing AP or practicing the small steps to help you get there (such as energy work, meditation, reading about it etc) you may need to look at your goals and see where AP rates for you as a priority.

Hope this helps
-Newmethod-

0 comments:

Post a Comment